Curried Pumpkin Soup
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped carrot
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 tsp garlic paste
1 tsp ginger paste
2 tsp curry powder
4 cups veggie stock
1 small can pumpkin (not pie filling*)
1 tsp brown sugar
salt to taste
- Saute onion, carrot and celery in a splash of canola oil with a pinch of salt until onion is translucent. Add garlic and ginger; sauté for 1 min.
- Stir in curry powder; sauté for 1 min. before adding stock.
- Whisk in pumpkin. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 10 mins.
- Remove from heat, add brown sugar, and puree with immersion blender until completely smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and/or additional brown sugar.
Makes 5 1 1/2 cup servings.
*I feel silly saying that, but there are still people out there who don’t know the difference. If you’re not sure, check the list of ingredients on the label. It should say just “pumpkin”or “pumpkin and squash” and nothing else.